It’s our favorite night of the year! An Evening With FMU. RSVP here.
And we want to help you.
Success may not look like what you imagined. We can’t promise you’ll date a supermodel.
Actually, we would rather help you prepare for and pursue a super marriage.
Preferably before you ever start dating.
Success may not be what you hoped. Success could be discerning quickly that you need to stop dating someone.
In fact, we’ve broken a lot of couples up.
And they’re really happy about that.
So what defines dating success? Minimizing heartbreak, rejection, and regret, as you prepare for, discern, and walk in God’s will for your dating life. Wherever He leads you.
To that end, this page was designed to direct you to our most helpful posts and videos we’ve produced to empower you to succeed in dating.
Before You Date
- First question: are you already out of middle school? If not begin with this post.
- How do you know you’re ready to date? Begin with this pre-dating checklist. And it only includes three items!
- Make sure your motives for dating are not any of the quite common TOP 10 Dumbest Reasons to Date.
- Any great adventure must begin with great vision, so let this post empower you to cast your own realistic, yet inspiring vision for dating.
- Here’s dating wisdom I wish I had known before I ever dated.
- Know the TOP 10 Signs You’re on a Bad First Date. They’re pretty funny. And they’re TRUE stories.
- Healthy dating relationships require healthy daters. So make sure you firmly grasp each of these 3 keys to a successful dating life.
- Do you have a solid wingman (or wingwoman). Don’t date without one!
- How Would Jesus Date? Of course Jesus never dated, but if He’s living in you today, and you’re dating then…
- How do you date and guard your heart at the same time?
- Want to avoid a breakup before you date? Learn from a coach who helps people get their ex back.
How to Get a Date
- First thing’s first, here’s how not to get a date. Like don’t do any of the things in this post… that many people do anyway.
- Should you try practice dating?
- Of course, before you ask someone out you should probably get their number, but here are four facts you want to know before you get their number.
- How do you ask someone out? The previous hyperlink will take you to the first post in a 3-part series.
- Here’s the simple 3-word secret to preventing all first date FAILS.
Identifying “The One”
- If you fear missing “the one,” you need to have the right expectations for “the one.”
- Here are the TOP 10 Signs they’re NOT “The One.”
- Is love at first sight a thing? A reliable thing?
- Here’s why it is so easy to fall for the wrong person.
- Determining whether someone is “the one” or “a one” you could get along with for the rest of your life is not all that mysterious. It merely requires you get to know them well enough. And here are ten different topics of conversation to have as you date to get to know them that well.
The Friend Zone
- Ever wonder why nice guys (and girls) get friend-zoned?
- Do you know the blind spots that get you friend-zoned?
- Like wisdom on know how to avoid the friend zone?
- Have you friend-zoned yourself already without realizing it?
- Are you dealing with rejection in the friend zone?
- Has your experience in the friend zone made you bitter? And what is that bitterness doing for you?
- Want to kiss the friend zone goodbye for good?
- The Friend Zone Files addresses all of the above issues, and begins with these 3 Reasons You Get Friend-zoned.
Our #1 Dating Resource
A dating life that leads to a life-giving, lifelong marriage doesn’t happen by accident. You need to know what you’re doing.
That’s why I wrote Date Like You Know What You’re Doing to empower you to:
- Discern God’s will for your dating life.
- Avoid heartbreak, rejection, and regret.
- Date with confidence and clarity.
- Win the war over sexual temptation.
- Let your marriage hopes inspire, instead of impede your dating life.